Level IV rifle plates are available in a variety of shapes and sizes to enhance ballistic protection. Plates vary in weight based on size and thickness, as well as compositon and cover material.
NIJ 0101.06 Level IV rifle plates are certified against the 30.06 M2 AP @ 2,880 fps +/- 30fps. NIJ 0101.04/2005 IR Level IV rifle plates are certified against the 30.06 AP 166gr @ 2,850 fps. Some plates are also tested against additional rounds through independent special threat testing.
- Sizes: 6×6″, 6×8″, 8×10″, 10×12″
- Shapes: Full Cut, Shooter’s Cut
- Curvatures: Single-Curve, Multi-Curve
- Compositions: Composite, Composite/Ceramic, Ceramic, Alloy
- Covers: Polyurea, Cordura, Painted